Monday, July 27, 2009

Iowa!

I'm awfully excited right now. My dad (and family) decided that finally, FINALLY, we will be visiting our extended family in Iowa. We haven't been up there in about 4 years, so I'm super excited. That part of the family is a great deal of fun, and anyways, it's a free vacation for me! Interestingly, I just happened to read an article on MSN about European-style little towns in the US. One called Pella, Iowa was on the list. And it happens to be in the same area that we are going to. It apparently has a distinctly Holland-esque theme. I'm going to see if I can convince my parents to make a short stop there on the way to Cedar Rapids from the airport. :D We missed the tulip festival by a couple of months, but I still think it could be worth a visit! It looks adorable,

This weekend was nice, I finally made it to Caffe Capri with James, and it was fantastic! The decor was wonderful, not something you would expect in B/CS, and the service/food was wonderful. We were stuffed by the end. Definitely going back. We had the mozzarella squares, tortellini (me!) and seafood ravioli (james), as well as mousse cake for dessert. Nomnomnom. :)

And we bought 4 new video games this weekend. lol. At Hasting's there was a 3 for 20$ box...so we got three. And then happened to find an Age of Empires multi-pack sitting on top of the Coraline display at Best Buy...so that came home with us too. There goes my free time tonight!

0 comments:

Post a Comment