Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Oh, apartment living

Well, Matt and I are almost moved into our new apartment. Let's make a list of the pros/cons

Pros:
-Much bigger. I have my own alley next to the bed. I don't have to roll over Matt to get to the bathroom (which he misses :p) Also, the kitchen is spacious and the living room is nice and open. Overall just a lovely layout to the apartment.
-Quieter. Well, mostly. We are in the more "upscale" (if you could call it that) area of the apartment complex, and there is much less screaming and no children hollering and running about. There are thin walls, but it's not too bad
-Overall, it's much prettier and I feel safer walking around from my car.

Cons:
-Again, thin walls...not terrible but when you can hear the guy next door clearing his throat it's just a little akward...especially knowing they can hear you!
-Leaking tub. ARG. Apparently when the maintenance man replaced the tub spout on the day we moved in, he forgot to caulk it. Result? Water pouring down from the kitchen ceiling on top of my microwave, a saggy soggy mess. argjlkfdsjg. And since they have no emergency maintenance number, we had no way to do anything about it. No one came to look at it for a good 12 hours, during which we used no water (just in case)
-Management/maintenance are idiots.

Honestly though, even with the ridiculous leaking shit it's a much better apartment and I already feel happier in it. It's starting to look really great and we're just about done decorating and moving. Well not really. Give us a week :p


In other news, parents' divorce still goin strong. And terrible. Dad came up for a night to help us move, and he seems to be in good spirits. He's taking it all in stride and just trying to stop things from getting worse. I hope everyone comes out of this ok. Mom and I aren't speaking though. Which really isn't that unusual.

Life right now is busy and a little stressful, but my life with Matt is wonderful. I love having him to come home to, and it's great to live with my best friend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment